As a kick-off to this year’s Open Day, UN Geneva is inviting everyone to share their ideas – no matter how small or big they may be – on how to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
How can we reduce inequalities, food waste, water and air pollution? How can we make local consumption, CO2-free transport and heating more attractive? How can we use new technologies, 3D printing, global knowledge sharing, artificial intelligence or other means to reduce poverty, and ensure access to education and health care for all?
Let us know how you would do it.
How to participate
– You find the SDGs on http://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment
– Pick any of them for which you want to suggest a solution.
– Your idea can be related to several SDGs.
– It can be a recommendation for action on a local or global level, for individuals, governments, administrations, international organizations etc.
– Send us your idea or ideas at email@example.com, OR
– Share your idea on Open Day 7 October in any the SDG exhibition cubes – postcards will be available for you to write your idea and submit it in a box
– Submissions by teams are welcome
– Check the UNGeneva Facebook page after Open Day to find out who came up with the winning idea
– Don’t be shy; we don’t expect elaborate concepts but ideas about the direction in which solutions could be developed
– The winner will be invited for coffee with Michael Moller, Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva.
– Any travel involved to the UN Geneva will have to be at one’s own expense
– Deadline for submitting ideas is 7 October 2017 at 4 p.m.
We look forward to your creative contributions!
The Open Day team